Track engagement metrics like DAU, WAU, MAU etc.
In today's fiercely competitive market, user engagement is the deciding factor that can make or break a product's success. Understanding how users interact with your product is not just a key driver of growth but also a pathway to sustained profitability.
Usermaven's Product Insights delves deep into the realm of product engagement, offering a comprehensive view of how users engage with your product over time. From identifying which product features resonate the most with your audience to uncovering potential engagement challenges, Usermaven equips you with the insights needed to foster user loyalty, drive growth, and ensure long-term success.
Product Engagement in Usermaven serves as a crucial gauge of customer satisfaction and loyalty for your product. It offers insights into how deeply users are involved with your product, indicating their level of interest, adoption, and ongoing value. These metrics are essential for comprehending user behavior and enhancing the overall product experience.
Here are some key engagement metrics you'll encounter in Usermaven:
Daily Active Users (DAU): DAU measures the number of unique users who interact with your product daily. It reflects the product's daily usage and how 'sticky' it is for users.
Weekly Active Users (WAU): WAU represents the count of unique users who engage with your application or platform within a week. It helps track weekly user engagement, encompassing both new and existing users.
Monthly Active Users (MAU): MAU denotes the number of unique users who engage with your product over a month. It offers a broader perspective on user engagement and retention, providing valuable insights for business growth and optimization.
Moreover, you have the flexibility to view these metrics from a user or company level perspective by navigating to the “User” or "Companies" tab:
- Product Engagement at the User-Level: Usermaven allows you to track individual users' interactions, whether in B2B or B2C contexts, offering valuable insights into how users engage with your product.You can monitor the frequency and regularity of user interactions with your product, providing a detailed perspective on product engagement over different time frames. Moreover, you can evaluate stickiness metrics that highlight how well your product retains users and keeps them actively engaged.
- Product Engagement at the Company Level: Usermaven's platform extends its utility for businesses catering to organizations. The company-level engagement metrics offer a holistic understanding of how entire organizations are engaging with your product. With company-level metrics, you can grasp the adoption dynamics and engagement patterns across your organizational clientele.
This dual perspective, catering to both individual users and companies, is instrumental for businesses of all types, as it delivers a comprehensive view of how users interact with your product, providing invaluable data for informed decision-making and strategy development.
Usermaven provides insightful User Stickiness Metrics that shed light on how frequently users engage with your product. Stickiness is typically calculated as the ratio of Daily Active Users (DAU) to Monthly Active Users (MAU). For instance, a DAU/MAU ratio of 50% indicates that, on average, users are active for 15 out of 30 days in a month.
Usermaven's product engagement dashboard also offers a comprehensive way to track a variety of User Stickiness metrics through easily interpretable line graphs.
- Daily Active User: A daily active user, often abbreviated as DAU, represents a user who engages with an application during a particular day, such as January 1st. The line graph provided illustrates the total count of daily active users for your product on a specific day. By hovering your cursor over any point on the graph, you can instantly view the precise number of active users for that specific day. This dynamic visual representation allows you to track daily user interactions and monitor user engagement effectively.
- Weekly Active User: A weekly active user, often denoted as WAU, signifies a user who engages with an application within a seven-day period, like January 1st to 7th. The line graph visually represents the cumulative count of weekly active users for your product during a specific week. To gain insight into the number of active users during a particular week, you can simply hover your cursor over any point on the graph, and the corresponding user count for that week will be displayed. This graph provides a convenient way to monitor user engagement over weekly intervals.
- Monthly Active User: A monthly active user, often represented as MAU, refers to a user who interacts with an application over the course of a calendar month, for instance, from January 1st to January 31st. In the line graph, you can observe the cumulative count of monthly active users for your product within a specific month. To discover the number of active users in any given month, simply move your cursor over a point on the graph, and the corresponding user count for that month will be presented. This graph offers valuable insights into user engagement trends on a monthly basis.
- DAC/WAC Ratio: The DAU/WAU ratio,i.e the Daily Active Users to Weekly Active Users ratio, provides insights into how active weekly users are on a daily basis.You can choose the week you want to view the data for, up to the last 9 weeks. By hovering your cursor over any point on the graph, you can view the numerical representation of this ratio for that particular date. This metric offers valuable information about the consistency of user engagement over a week.
- DAC/MAC Ratio: The DAU/MAU ratio i.e., the Daily Active Users to Monthly Active Users ratio, assesses the daily engagement of users compared to their monthly engagement. Users can select the specific month they want to analyze, with options to explore data for up to the past nine months or even the last full year. By hovering your cursor over any point on the graph, you can view the numerical representation of this ratio for that particular date. This metric provides valuable insights into how consistently users engage with your product on a daily basis relative to their overall monthly activity.
Moreover, to cater to your specific reporting needs, Usermaven places a convenient date picker in the top right corner of each graph. This feature empowers you to select a time range that precisely aligns with your analysis requirements, ensuring that you always have access to the most pertinent and up-to-date insights.
In Usermaven, precision in data analysis is right at your fingertips with the ability to filter product engagement data based on various segments. Here's how you can fine-tune your insights:
- Start by locating the "Filter by Segment" option, conveniently positioned at the top right corner of your Usermaven screen.
- Upon clicking this tab, you'll find a range of Segment options that you have created already.
- By selecting any of these segmentation options, you'll witness a dynamic transformation in the data displayed on the page below. Usermaven promptly tailors the information to align with your chosen preference, allowing you to conduct in-depth analysis and draw insights specific to each segment.